Tough Cookie Mommy

    This past week, I experienced my first issue with UPS which was extremely frustrating.  I generally receive my Avon orders on Tuesdays and have never had any problem receiving my products on time or missing any of my packages.  Unfortunately, this was not the case this last time...

    It seems that UPS delivered one of my boxes, containing over $400 worth of products to a complete stranger on the other side of the borough that I reside in.  Initially, I was extremely upset, as you can imagine.  It is still difficult for me to comprehend how they UPS driver could deliver a package, that had a label with my name and address on it, to a complete stranger at a totally different address.  Obviously, UPS was ultimately unable to retrieve the package and I was credited the amount of the products to my Avon account.  Hopefully, I can do a good job of retracing the steps that I took so that other Representatives will know what to do should this happen to them.

  The first thing I did was to call UPS with the tracking number for the box that had not been delivered to me.  Once they realized that they had delivered it to the wrong address, they launched an investigation.  The investigation can last up to 8 business days, during which they attempt to retrieve the package and, if they are unable to, they file a claim in order to reimburse Avon for the products that were lost.  It is important that you be proactive throughout this process as they will not be calling you to discuss the outcomes of their investigation.  They notify Avon since they are their shipping client.  You should call and find out what the status of the claim is in order to keep on track of your own account credit.

    Next, I called Avon Customer Service and requested a duplicate order be sent out to me so that I may service my clients and have their products on time.  Avon notified me that they would be filing a partial order credit on my behalf in order to have my account credited for the products that were lost due to the UPS error.  I was a little anxious at first because it took a couple of days for the charge to come off my Avon account.  Next time, I will be a little more patient and wait for the credit.

    This experience has outlined for me and reminded me of the importance of being actively involved in every single facet of your business.  Maintaining contact with the shipper, the shipping company, and your customers guarantees that you will have a smooth operation.  It also exemplifies your level of professionalism.  Being proactive is definitely a key ingredient in the success of your business.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment